The Treasury has announced the issue of three new Malta Government Bonds for a total aggregate amount of €130 million subject to an over-allotment option of up to a further €90 million. The prices and the yields for the new Malta Government Bonds have been set as follows:
- 1.4% MGS 2023 (III) at Euro 104.00 – YTM of 0.788% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 0.789%;
- 1.5% MGS 2027 (I) at Euro 100.50 – YTM of 1.448% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 1.453%; and
- 2.2% MGS 2035 (I) at Euro 100.25 – YTM of 2.184% which corresponds to an annualised rate of 2.196%.
The General Public may submit single or joint applications for the new bonds in one of the following manners:
- Applications in multiples of €100 and up to a maximum of €100,000 (nominal) per application (retail)
- Applications which in the aggregate are over €100,000, but do not exceed €500,000 in any or each of the two Stocks, shall be in the form of sealed bids (auction) for a minimum of €100,100 each,
- Applications which in the aggregate exceed €500,000 in any or each of the two Stocks, shall be in the form of sealed bids (auction) for a minimum and multiples of €500,000 each.
Applications Opening: Monday 13th February 2017 at 8:30am
Retail Applications Deadline: Wednesday 15th February 2017 at 05:00pm (or earlier at the discretion of the Accountant General)
Sealed Bids (Auction) Deadline: Monday 20th February 2017 at 12:00pm
A copy of the prospectus is available HERE
Orders may be placed by contacting us on 25 688 688 or via email on [email protected] Clients can place orders directly via CCTrader platform starting on Wednesday 8th February. You can also show interest for the Government Bonds by clicking here.