Markets are called to open lower in Europe after:
- Shares in Asia traded lower after the regional benchmark index snapped its longest rally this year as SoftBank Corp. and Tencent Holdings Ltd. led a slide among technology shares.
- The Bank of Japan, which reports on monetary policy tomorrow, may double purchases of exchange-traded funds in coming months.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard will speak today after a lower-than-estimated U.S. payrolls number April 4. Elections get under way in India.
- Holcim Ltd. and Lafarge SA agreed a merger to create the world’s biggest cement maker with more than $40 billion in sales and cut overcapacities and energy expenses.
Payrolls in U.S. Rose 192,000 in March, Unemployment 6.7%
Payrolls excluding government agencies rose 192,000 after a 188,000 gain in February that was larger than first estimated, the Labor Department reported yesterday in Washington. That brought the job count to 116.1 million, beating the January 2008 high of 116 million. The jobless rate held at 6.7 percent even as half a million Americans entered the workforce.
Stock to watch: Air France – March 2014 Traffic
- Passenger: disciplined capacity growth; impact of timing of Easter
- Cargo: increase in load factor
- 6.3 million passengers, +0.3%
- Capacity growth on the Americas driven by Latin America (+10.0%). Capacity up 1.6% on North America
- Strong impact of medium-haul restructuring especially on Air France point-to-point network, compensated by capacity growth at KLM
- Traffic, load factor and unit revenue negatively impacted by Easter week falling in April this year versus March last year
- Unit revenue per available seat kilometer (RASK) ex-currency down compared with March 2013, due to the timing of Easter
- No change in market trend identified during the first quarter
- Rise in load factor
- Unit revenue per available ton kilometer (RATK) ex-currency down compared with March 2013
For our latest research report on Air France, log into webtrader or contact our offices on 25688688.
Companies reporting today:
- No SXXP earnings scheduled
- Air France (AF FP) 8am, March traffic
Good day and happy trading!
The Calamatta Cuschieri Traders Blog is available daily on CC WebTrader. Other market coverage including coverage of the International Bond Markets is also available.
The information provided on this website is being provided solely for educational and informational purposes and should not be construed as investment advice, advice concerning particular investments or investment decisions, or tax or legal advice. Similarly any views or opinions expressed on this website are not intended and should not be construed as being investment, tax or legal advice or recommendations. Investment advice should always be based on the particular circumstances of the person to whom it is directed, which circumstances have not been taken into consideration by the persons expressing the views or opinions appearing on this website. Calamatta Cuschieri & Co. Ltd. (CC) has not verified and consequently neither warrants the accuracy nor the veracity of any information, views or opinions appearing on this website. You should always take professional investment advice in connection with, or independently research and verify, any information that you find or views or opinions which you read on our website and wish to rely upon, whether for the purpose of making an investment decision or otherwise. CC does not accept liability for losses suffered by persons as a result of information, views or opinions appearing on this website.
This website is owned and operated by Calamatta Cuschieri & Co. Ltd (Co. Reg. No. C13729) of 5th Floor, Valletta Buildings, South Street, Valletta VLT 1103, Malta. CC is licensed to conduct Investment Services in Malta by the Malta Financial Services Authority.