European stock-index futures rose, signaling the Stoxx Europe 600 Index will halt five days of losses, before a U.S. employment report that may give clues on the timing of Federal Reserve stimulus cuts.
WHAT TO WATCH:
• Draghi Keeps ECB on Alert for 2014 Amid Feeble Inflation Outlook
• Deutsche Bank Joins Biggest Banks Cutting Commodity Headcount
• Total to Pay InterOil Up to $3.6b in Pacific LNG Deal
• Norway Readies Asset Sales as Statoil Ownership Under Review
• ECB Should Use QE to Combat Deflation Risk, Says Eichengreen
• Electronics Makers, Retailers Raided by EU in Online-Sales Probe
• Statoil to Select Norwegian Oil Projects With Care as Costs Rise
• EDF’s Proglio Interested in 1,000MW France-China Reactor: Echos
• Nestle to Sell Givaudan Shares Worth $1.27b to Investors
• Meditor Plans to Liquidate European Hedge Fund After Review
• Alcatel-Lucent Capital Increase Raises Gross EU956.7m
• Tomkins May Hire BOfA, Goldman, Morgan Stanley for IPO: Reuters
• Aviva’s McFarlane to Be Named Chairman of FirstGroup: Sky News
• Shell Will Not Pursue U.S. Gulf Coast GTL Project
• Austria Plans to Sell EU22b-EU26b Bonds in 2014
• Sky Deutschland to Buy 100% of Plazamedia, 25% Stake in Sport1
• Nelson Mandela, Who Led S. Africa Past Apartheid, Dies at 95
• Thousands Moved From English Coast as Thames Barrier Is Closed
• Ukraine Police Seek to Arrest Protest Agitators as Talks Stall
• Attack on Yemen Defense Ministry Leaves At Least 52 People Dead
EARNINGS All times CET, estimates where available:
• Berkeley Group (BKG LN) 8am, 1H
• Sthree (STHR LN) 8am, 4Q trading update
• Air France-KLM (AF FP) 8am, Nov. traffic
Good day and happy trading!
The Calamatta Cuschieri Traders Blog is available daily on CC WebTrader. Other market coverage including coverage of the International Bond Markets is also available.
The information provided on this website is being provided solely for educational and informational purposes and should not be construed as investment advice, advice concerning particular investments or investment decisions, or tax or legal advice. Similarly any views or opinions expressed on this website are not intended and should not be construed as being investment, tax or legal advice or recommendations. Investment advice should always be based on the particular circumstances of the person to whom it is directed, which circumstances have not been taken into consideration by the persons expressing the views or opinions appearing on this website. Calamatta Cuschieri & Co. Ltd. (CC) has not verified and consequently neither warrants the accuracy nor the veracity of any information, views or opinions appearing on this website. You should always take professional investment advice in connection with, or independently research and verify, any information that you find or views or opinions which you read on our website and wish to rely upon, whether for the purpose of making an investment decision or otherwise. CC does not accept liability for losses suffered by persons as a result of information, views or opinions appearing on this website.
This website is owned and operated by Calamatta Cuschieri & Co. Ltd (Co. Reg. No. C13729) of 5th Floor, Valletta Buildings, South Street, Valletta VLT 1103, Malta. CC is licensed to conduct Investment Services in Malta by the Malta Financial Services Authority.